Job Description: IT Specialist
Location: Toronto office
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
At B’nai Brith Canada, we are seeking an experienced IT Specialist to join us on this journey, using his or her technological skills to make us more efficient. In this role, the successful individual will oversee our current systems and assets, plan and make necessary upgrades and fixes, and provide training and support—as needed. Our ideal candidate has knowledge of Azure AD, CRM systems, problem solving. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and system improvements
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and employee productivity
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Serve as the subject matter expert supporting Windows, and all common office software and applications, such as Microsoft, Adobe and G-Suite products
- Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Analyze staff needs, identify vulnerabilities, boost efficiency and accuracy
- Implement applications and software upgrades, as well as performance troubleshooting
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Maintain and make necessary updates of organization’s websites – WordPress updates, content updates, training.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience in IT administration
- Experience with or knowledge of computer systems; Azure AD, SharePoint, Office 365, Windows 10/11, Backup systems, Network.
- Advanced computer skills and detail orientation
- CRM management system experience preferred
Nice to Have
- Website backend, Mysql database, PHP, Linux, Google Cloud.