Family Law: The Intersection of Civil and Religious Laws in Canada
There are significant differences between some civil and religious family laws in Canada, and around the world. If you are representing women, it is especially critical that you understand these differences when trying to resolve issues that arise when those relationships end. Join our panel of experts to find out the current status of get legislation and to gain insights to help you:
- Understand how rabbinical courts work and the issues around religious arbitration
- What is different between civil and religious law when it comes to post divorce alimony, domestic violence, emotional abuse and property settlements?
- Comprehend the impact of the agunah issues and get refusals in law and society
- Ensure laws are not used to allow abuse or to harm the equality rights of women
- Current cases and how get legislation is changing around the world
For more information about this event, contact us at: [email protected]| 416.633.6224 ext. 104
Details for accessing the event will be sent closer to the date.
Register today with the Society here to join this timely and critical discussion. We look forward to seeing you there!