Job Description – Office Administrator and Event Coordinator – Toronto
The Office Administrator and Event Coordinator is self-motivated, and responsible for working with the COO, Controller, and Exec Assistant to monitor and successfully deliver against organization, business and department objectives. They are familiar with managing administration, expenses, calendar, travel, events, correspondence and presentation activities and demonstrate a keen interest and general knowledge of B’nai Brith Canada and the Jewish community.
- Has extensive experience and knowledge of administrative and event coordination roles. Anticipates administrative needs of the organization and contributes to improving administrative structure, processes and procedures, as required.
- Able to prioritize and/or make a broader range of decisions of increasing impact on behalf of the COO.
- Coordinates all in-coming calls as well as e-mails which go to the general e-mail-box, ensuring that they are passed on to the appropriate department or individual.
- Communicate with donors and members regarding payments, tribute cards, holiday cards, as required
- Photocopying receipts for Bingo reports.
- Ordering office supplies as needed, ensures the office and kitchens are clean and orderly.
- Proactively manages a complex calendar, including scheduling internal and external meetings, calls, appointments and travel.
- Books and manages travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Works closely with external partners, assistants, vendors and other stakeholders to schedule meetings or events.
- Reconciles credit card expenses and performs expense reporting.
- Work closely with other staff to increase efficiencies and provide overall support.
- Conduct work in professional, friendly, easily accessible and approachable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma or undergraduate degree is required.
- Minimum 10 years administrative support experience in a fast-paced and high visibility organization.
- Proactive, self-starter who takes initiative, owns projects and meets deadlines aligned with business and organization objectives.
- Exceptional (written and verbal) communication skills, with solid proof-reading ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and develops lasting, positive and value-adding relationships.
- Dynamic self-starter who takes initiative, works well independantly, and is an excellent team player.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and earn the trust and respect of stakeholders while displaying the utmost integrity and discretion.
- Experience with complex calendar management, booking high profile meetings, events, scheduling travel and managing expense reimbursement process.
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail, highly organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Technologically savvy and highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint) and other applications, as required.
- Available to work irregular/flexible hours with a work-load that fluctuates based on the organization’s priorities and time-frames.