Position: Marketing Director – Toronto
Reports to: COO
B’nai Brith Canada is the country’s oldest independent Jewish Human Rights organization. We are a principled grassroots voice, dedicated to eradicating racism, antisemitism and hatred in all its forms, championing the rights of the marginalized, while providing basic human needs for members of our community.
As the Marketing Director for B’nai Brith Canada, reporting to the CEO and COO, the successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating on and implementing B’nai Brith’s branding strategy. This would include developing marketing materials, developing and promoting events and fundraising initiatives, and directing social media and other ways to increase the organization’s footprint. It also would include the identification and implementation of initiatives aligned with B’nai Brith’s branding strategy.
- Collaborate with the CEO, COO, and CMO to develop and implement B’nai Brith’s branding strategy.
- Spearhead and implement ideas for the development of marketing materials and social media.
- Responsible for ensuring that the website is aligned with B’nai Brith branding strategy, and is always current and updated by those responsible for the various content.
- Write, edit and proofread marketing materials and all forms of copy.
- Oversee the creation of compelling marketing pieces, flyers, brochures and program books.
- Utilize influencer marketing and other innovative methods of organically growing B’nai Brith’s digital presence; liaise with influencers, community groups and other stakeholders.
- Manage the advertising of programs, including development of annual advertising plans as needed
To succeed in this role, the successful candidate will
- Have excellent writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Have a strong Marketing background, with relevant experience
- Develop and capitalize on connections within the Jewish community, academic, public, private and media sectors to network and grow awareness of B’nai Brith Canada.
- Have the ability to work effectively in collaboration with multi-faith and cross-cultural partners to plan and execute events relating to, and in promotion of, human rights
- Have exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. Possess excellent time management and project management skills, be self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
Education & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing or nonprofit sector.
- Experience in the Jewish community an asset.