B’nai Brith Canada is searching for a middleweight Graphic Designer to take our marketing design to the next level. As B’nai Brith Canada’s Graphic Designer, you will be a key member of our marketing department and in carrying out B’nai Brith’s marketing strategy.
Your day-to-day may include designing visuals for our blog, ads, video animations, social media posts, email marketing, landing pages, and much more. If you’re an experienced, ambitious middleweight Graphic Designer who is passionate about the Canadian Jewish Community, we’d like to hear from you.
JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer
REPORTING TO: Marketing Director
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Creation of marketing collateral, brand development, web design overall look and feel for the B’nai Brith brand
LOCATION: B’nai Brith Head Office, Toronto
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION :Diploma/degree in Marketing, Graphics, design, or relevant field of study.
PREFERRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
3-5 years’ experience minimum in marketing, graphics, design, or non-profit sector.
Experience in the Jewish community a major asset.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
To succeed in this role, the successful candidate will
- Have excellent writing, editing, and communications skills, and be able to develop copy for a multitude of platforms (social media, video, podcast, press release, etc.)
- Have a strong Graphics and Design background, with relevant experience
- Utilize established personal connections within the Jewish community, academic, public, private and media sectors to network and grow awareness of B’nai Brith Canada.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with a variety of groups and in diverse circumstances.
- Have the ability to work effectively in collaboration with multi-faith and cross-cultural partners to plan and execute events relating to, and in promotion of, human rights
- Possess excellent time management and project management skills, be self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrate understanding of project development and implementation within community-building frameworks.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, WordPress, Constant Contact, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Be self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Video editing experience would be an asset
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
Systematic in approach
CRITICAL BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
Can “roll with the punches” when priorities change with little notice
Attention to detail
KEY TASKS AND PERFORMANCE 1 PAGER
Create visual concepts to communicate our B’nai Brith brand messaging to our target audiences. • Develop a full understanding of our brand strategy
• Research best practice within our industry
• Understand B’nai Brith’s messaging and communication strategy as relates to each target segment
• Develop collateral and branding in line with BB communication strategy
• Develop memorable and visually appealing collateral and branding
Creating program books, flyers, brochures and other types of marketing material to promote B’nai Brith Canada events and other initiatives • Create visually appealing collateral and branding to assist in publicizing all of the BB activities
• Designs should reflect various occasions, audiences, and geographical requirements
• Designs should consistently be of high quality and reflect the BB branding requirements
Implementing Website visuals, and testing and troubleshooting website features and functions, as assigned. • Develop web branding which is consistent with the look and feel determined by the BB communication strategy
• Assisting in updating website and social media.
• Assisting in set-up and development of online publication platforms
• Assisting periodically with Twitter and Facebook
• Creating types of new media, including but not limited to videos and podcasts.
• Other duties as assigned
Managing and developing original content for certain social-media platforms such as Instagram and LinkedIn • Creation of content usable for social media
• Creation of content for email list sends
• Ensure that all marketing material is correctly indexed in marketing repository
Maintaining Design Agenda
• Evolve the design look and feel with continual improvements
• Ensure that design look and feel is on a par with international best practices in this area